ONE PAN ROASTED SQUASH, APPLE, AND SAUSAGE DINNER
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES | YIELD: 9 CUPS
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium-small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 ½-inch chunks (1 ½ to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 small apples, cored and cut into 1 ½-inch chunks
- 1 package of our farmer’s sausage, sliced
- 4 cups finely shredded kale
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Shake vinegar, maple syrup and mustard in a small jar.
- Meanwhile, toss squash, oil, smoked paprika, salt, nutmeg and pepper in a large bowl to coat. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer squash to the oven and roast 10 minutes. Add apples, sausage and kale and toss to coat. Return to the oven and roast, stirring once or twice until the apples are softened and the squash is tender, about 18 to 22 minutes longer. Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the roasted mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.